Welcome to Tots & Teens Pediatrics’ web site. We hope you find our site useful and informative.
At Tots & Teens Pediatrics our board certified pediatrician and staff are committed to serving the health care needs of your children. We are dedicated to the medical and behavioral well being of newborn, children and adolescents.
Our environment is warm and caring, friendly and colorful, where toys and books appeal to kids and adults. We look forward to welcome you to our office and becoming a part of your family for years to come.
This website has been designed to provide general information and to assist you in finding answers to common questions that parents frequently ask. Thank you again for visiting Tots & Teens Pediatrics’ web site!
**If you are transferring from another pediatric practice, we will need to review a copy of your child’s medical records. Please contact your current primary care physician and ask for a copy of your child’s medical records to be sent to our office or you may drop them off. It is important that we have your child’s records prior to your 1st scheduled visit. Thank you!
Services Provided Include:
- Prenatal Consultations
- Well Child Visits
- Care and treatment of minor injuries
- Vaccinations & Immunizations
- School & Sports Physicals
- Hearing and Vision Screening
- Attention Deficit & Hyperactivity Disorder ADD/ADHD
- Adolesent & Gynocological Desease
- Hospital Care
- The American Academy of Pediatrics – The AAP’s website with complete information on childhood health topics
- The Center for Disease Control – Information about illnesses and vaccines
- Conditions A to Z – American Academy of Family Physicians
- Travel Information from the CDC – Travelers’ Health and Vaccine Information – choose your destination
- Newborn Screening – Newborn Screening Information from the March of Dimes
- Bright Futures – Behavior and developmental expectations broken down by age
- Tooth Care – Information about the care and development of your infant’s or child’s teeth
- Children’s Nutrition – USDA/ARS Children’s Nutrition Research Center
- Health Finder – General health information developed by the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Kids Health – Great educational & resource site for kids, teens, & parents sponsored by Nemours Foundation
Patient Education Resources
- Fever / AAP
- Immunizations / AAP
- Breastfeeding / AAP
- Thumb Sucking & Pacifiers / AAP
- ADHD / AAP
- Aerochamber Instructions from the makers of AeroChamber Plus® – Vaccine Information – For detailed informational sheets published by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC),
For additional information on vaccines, please visit the following sites:
- Institute for Vaccine Safety
- The National Network for Immunization Information (NNII)
- Childhood Immunization Support Program
- Influenza – Information from the AAP
- Keep Your Child Safe – The Injury Prevention Program (TIPP) from the AAP. Age specific information about protecting your child from injuries
- Recalled products – An important site maintained by the Consumer Product Safety Commission that has lists of recalled products, toys, etc.
- Nhtsa – Car Seat Information from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Car seat guide – Car safety guidelines from the AAP
- Preparing to Handle Disasters – The AAP’s Family Readiness Kit. Information on how to prepare and work with your child after disasters such as death, fire, severe weather, and terrorism
- Pesticides – General info about use and choice of pesticides and recommendations on how to create a safe environment for your family, supported by the EPA
- Lead – Information from the EPA
- Mercury – Mercury Survival Guide from the Sierra Club
- The Upper Breast Side – New York City’s breastfeeding boutique that provides expectant mother’s and breastfeeding mom’s breastfeeding products and sells a variety of breastpumps.
- Medela – Breastfeeding and Medela products including information about renting and purchasing electric and manual breastpumps.
- Kellymom – Breastfeeding support and parenting advice. Many breastfeeding topics discussed and handouts available.
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine – A worldwide organization of physicians dedicated to the promotion, protection and support of breastfeeding.
- La Leche – La Leche League resource
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Perinatology – Breastfeeding and medications
- 4 Girls Health – New From the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Freevibe.com – No lectures – just the facts from the Office of National Drug Control Policy.
- Get It Straight – The Facts About Drugs – From the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- The Cool Spot – This is a place where you can learn about being yourself and getting the facts about underage drinking.
Meet Our Doctor
Ahmad Alkilani, M.D.
2001 – 2008: Damascus University
Faculty of Medicine
Date of graduation: August 2008
2008 – 2011: ENT residency at Damascus university Syria.
2011 – 2014: Pediatrics redirect at USA.
AL State License: Active Since 7/17/2012
State Controlled Substance Registration: valid through 12/2013
PALS: Certified through 6/2014
NRP: Certified through 6/2014
ECFMG: Certified 6/21/2010
Monday: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00PM
Wednesday: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Thursday: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Friday: 8:30AM – 12:00PM
27669 Capshaw RD – Suite B
Harvest, AL 35749
Phone : 256-262-0535
Fax : 256-262-0536
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org